I am a voracious reader and every week I come across either a book, online piece or website I want to share with others. I’ve decided to curate these gems and highlight them on Friday. I hope you find these faves as insightful as I do.
- Ponder this question – What would it mean, then, to live in the present, and what do we gain by doing it? Kieran Setiya points out The Problem of Living in the Present.
- I am certain many introverts will relate to this piece, Introverts Don’t Hate People, They Hate Shallow Socializing.
- “Envy is a dangerous poison. People want success so desperately. Who doesn’t, on one hand — that can’t be your intention.” I am a huge Tori Amos fan. Check out her interview in Lenny Letter.
- Want to be more productive? This advice might help.
- Brave and vulnerable post by writer, Anjali Enjeti – Why I’m Trying to Get a Book Deal After 10 Years.
What were some of your Friday faves this week?
My kids always accuse me of hating people! I don’t – I just hate crowds and traffic. Individual people don’t cause my hatred!
by the way, that piece about living in the present, or not, is fascinating.
Too many people at once can be so overwhelming. I completely relate to that feeling.