I am a voracious reader and every week I come across either a book, online piece or website I want to share with others. I’ve decided to curate these gems and highlight them on Friday. I hope you find these faves as insightful as I do.
- What is more powerful? Intellect or intuition? Travis Bradberry offers his perspective on this question in Quartz.
- Did your podcast make the cut? Here is a list of The 50 Best Podcasts Right Now.
- How do you spend your Sundays? Here is How Dr. Siddhartha Mukherjee, Cancer Expert, Spends His Sundays.
- I love lists. I also adore Ann Patchett. And so I must highlight Parnassus Bookstore’s recommendations on 28 Novels, Memoirs, Essay Collections, Biographies, Sci-Fi, and Histories (Whew) to Read Right Now.
- Do you enjoy solitude? Good news in the Atlantic for those who love their quiet time in The Virtues of Isolation.
What were some of your favorite reads this week?
I loved reading how the cancer doctor spends his Sundays! Isn’t it interesting to get a glimpse into someone else’s everyday life?
Agree. I also enjoyed this brief glance into his life.
Sundays are rough for me. I would love to see how other people spend theirs.
I have mixed feelings about Sunday and agree it is fascinating to see how others spend their day.
These are all great, Rudri. Thanks for sharing!
Glad you liked these faves. Thanks for letting me know.
I enjoyed reading how the doctor spends his Sunday. I especially liked that they all enjoy reading as a family ….. made me smile. Love it.
Thanks, Ayala. It is interesting how families spend their days off.
I’m excited to find more podcasts!
Based on the list I featured, I’ve found a new podcast I like – Criminal. I just finished S-Town.
I’ve been enjoying the 99 Percent Invisible podcast. Very interesting, in-depth narrative stories on a variety of topics from Frank Lloyd Wright to ocean liners.
Thanks for the recommendation, Jackie. Sounds interesting and I look forward to checking it out.