I am a voracious reader and every week I come across either a book, online piece or website I want to share with others. I’ve decided to curate these gems and highlight them on Friday. I hope you find these faves as insightful as I do.
- In need of some cheer and nostalgia? Listen to these 47 All-Time Funniest Songs to Cheer You Up. Which song puts you in an instant good mood?
- “Kids are endlessly curious and ask about how life works, the ineffable mystery of it, all the time. Their questions reflect that time between innocence and experience as they try to figure out who they are in relation to the world around them.” An important inquiry to ponder, “How Does Life Live?“
- “When we’re teenagers, our parents divorce and our commiseration morphs into cruelty. These things are concurrent but not connected. We know exactly how to hurt each other most.” I loved reading the short flash-fiction piece “Bones” in Tin House by Heather Osterman-Davis.
- I adore taking quizzes. Here is a quiz that might push you to get out of your comfort zone. Take a few minutes and find out the answer to this key question: How complacent are you? h/t from Jocelyn Glei
- How many time have you apologized for a delayed response to an email? I laughed out loud reading the New Yorker’s “Sorry for the Delayed Response.”
What were your favorite reads this week?